4 pupils and staff brought in samples of soil from home. We will do a number of experiments on their soil.
(1) TO FIND HOW MUCH WATER WAS IN THE SOIL
(2) TO FIND THE DIFFERENT SOIL LAYES IN EACH SAMPLE
(4) TO FIND IF A SOIL SAMPLE HAS GOOD DRAINAGE
(5) TO FIND THE MINERALS IN A SOIL SAMPLE
(6) TO FIND THE Ph OF A SOIL SAMPLE
It will be great over the month to use loads of our scientific items from our science cupboard: funnels, filter paper, petra dishes, gradual cylinders and litmus paper.
We are also going to learn about the ph scale, the array of colours on it and how acidic/alkali a substance is.
(photos to follow)