Halloween is coming so Miss Mc Carthy’s class made salt dough pumpkin keepsakes. All the children enjoyed rolling and kneading the dough. Once all the children had made our hand prints on their piece of dough each child painted the hand print black and it was left to dry over night.
1 cup of salt
2 cups plain flour
1 cup of warm water
- In a large bowl mix the salt and flour.
- Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency.
- With yours hands form a ball with your dough and knead it for at least five minutes. The longer you knead your dough the smoother it will be.
- You can paint your creations with acrylic paints and seal with a varnish.
- You can let your salt dough creations air dry, however salt dough can also be dried in the oven. The amount of time needed to bake your creations depends on the size and thickness.